Why You Should Wash Your Home and How Often You Should Have It Washed
Why You Should Wash Your Home
A home is typically a persons largest purchase and biggest investment. In Arizona there is a lot of dirt in the air, this dirt settles on the exterior of your home along with bird droppings and insect nests and webs and acid rain. These can cause potential damages to your homes exterior in not properly taken care of.
- Dirt and Sand are abrasive and can wear away at your homes exterior over time.
- Bird dropping contain uric acid which can etch your homes paint.
- Insects nests and webs are unappealing to see on the side of your home and there are species of wood-destroying bees and wasps that can cause serious damages.
- While it doesn’t rain frequently here in Arizona its more of a cause for acid rain which is rainfall made sufficiently acidic by atmospheric pollution and can cause corrosion in some building materials.
Everyone’s home is different, making it difficult to know when you need pressure washing services; Although it’s important to keep the exterior of your home clean. Here are 4 tips to keep in mind when deciding whether or not it’s time to call your local power washing company.
The time of year can effect how often you need pressure washing services. In Arizona we recommend pressure washing your house in the spring and in the fall.
- Spring – The winter season here in Phoenix, AZ is one of more more wet times of the year where we see a good portion of our annual rain fall. By spring time your home will have been hit with acidic rain and critters will find there way to making nests and webs around your house.
- Fall – If you live in Arizona you know that late summer brings in our next wet and dusty season with the monsoon season. Its almost impossible to keep anything clean during this time of the year. Once fall rolls in and monsoon season has past is the perfect time to wash away all the dirt left behind from the monsoon storms.
Spring and Fall are also bring some of the most enjoyable and beautiful weather in Arizona. So what better time to be out side and enjoy your freshly cleaned house and outdoor living areas.
Another way to tell if your home needs power washing is the look at the exterior siding. Although this is all up to your personal preference, many people don’t like the look of a “dirty” home. A good way to tell if your home is dirty is to wipe it with a wet paper towel, if you just made mud its time to wash your house.
Painting your home
If you’re planning on repainting the exterior of your home, it’s always important to hire a power washing company to wash your house. Painting over a dirty surface will cause the paint not to adhere properly and you could experience peeling in the future
Do it at least one time a year
If you’re still not sure how often your home needs pressure washing services, a good rule of thumb is to hire a power washing company to wash the exterior of your home once a year. Many people choose to do this after our monsoon season
There’s nothing like that feeling of driving up to a beautifully cleaned home, you will wonder why you never had your house washed before.